2023 Africa Cup of Nations: I was disappointed with our premature elimination - Black Stars defender Mohammed Salisu

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana defender, Mohammed Salisu has expressed disappointment following the early exit of the Black Stars from the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament in Ivory Coast.

Having recently rejoined his AS Monaco teammates in France, Salisu made a crucial clearance in the game against Marseille, where Ligue 1 giants shared the spoils with their rivals.

Despite the tough debut in AFCON, Salisu has shifted his focus to club football and is set to face Andre Ayew's Le Havre in Ligue 1.

Reflecting on Ghana's AFCON performance, he stated, "I was obviously disappointed by the premature elimination in the Africa Cup of Nations."

Now back with AS Monaco, Salisu is determined to contribute to the team's objectives.

He shared, "But now I am focused on AS Monaco because we have objectives and we want to achieve them. When I returned, the coach asked me if I was fit to play, I said yes and that I was very motivated. I was determined to come back and play quickly."

Ghana concluded the AFCON tournament with just two points, finishing 3rd in Group B. Salisu played a key role, featuring in all three games for Ghana at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member