2023 Africa Cup of Nations: We brought embarrassment to the country - Osman Bukari apologizes after Black Stars poor campaign

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

[caption id="attachment_964927" align="alignnone" width="300"] ABIDJAN, IVORY COAST - JANUARY 18: Mahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim Hassan of Egypt and Osman Bukari of Ghana during the TotalEnergies CAF Africa Cup of Nations group stage match between Egypt and Ghana at Stade Felix Houphouet Boigny on January 18, 2024 in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. (Photo by Ulrik Pedersen/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)[/caption]

Ghana winger, Osman Bukari has apologized for the Black Stars' poor performance at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament.

The four-time champions failed to record a win after three games which led to the team's early exit at the tournament with just two points.

Bukari made two substitute appearances at the tournament, but his mistake in the 2-2 draw against Egypt in Ghana's second game was a low point. He was substituted off and did not feature again for the rest of the tournament.

Following the acts of Black Stars teammates Alexander Djiku, Mohammed Kudus and Salisu Mohammed, Bukari apologized to Ghanaians for failing to excel in the competition.

In a heartfelt message on Twitter, Bukari expressed his regret and apologized to fans for letting them down.

“It has taken me quite a number of days to gather the words to address you our dear fans, because of the embarrassment we brought on the nation & the fact that we let you down and our inability to advance to the next stage has hit heavily on me, for I contributed a part in it.”

“We live to fight someday. Thank y’all for the encouragement, love and support!!” he wrote.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member