• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Anas demanded $150,000 to kill documentary - Kwesi Nyantakyi

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Former President of the Ghana Football Association, Kwesi Nyantakyi, has alleged that he paid $100,000 to investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, in an attempt to kill the release of the investigative video that ultimately led to his downfall.

In June 2018, a documentary by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas was broadcast showing hidden camera footage of Ghanaian football officials taking bribes, including the then FA President, Kwesi Nyantakyi.

However, the 55-year-old was handed a lifetime ban from football, which was later reduced to 15-years.

In an interview with Onua TV, Nyantakyi, who has declared his candidature for the Ejisu Constituency seat revealed an to kill the documentary by paying an indemnity to the investigative journalist, but all efforts proved futile.

Nyantakyi, who resigned from all his roles at the GFA, CAF and FIFA, disclosed Anas demanded an amount of $150,000 through his lawyers, in other to kill the story, but he could only come up with $100,000.

Nyantakyi then revealed that Anas’ lawyers told him the amount was inadequate and the video was eventually released

“Before the video was released, his lawyers reached out to me through his lawyer, a certain Kwame Gyan, a lecturer at Legon. I met him at his residence around Westland and gave them the money,”

“But they told me the amount was inadequate and later went ahead to release the video.

“After the video came out, I asked for a refund and even the refund was done in pieces. Today, they would bring $20,000, the next day another $10,000. They were giving me stories, but eventually I got everything back,” he said.

Nyantakyi has indicated his intention to contest in the Ejisu by-election following the demise of the Member of Parliament of the area, John Kumah.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member