Arsenal star Thomas Partey denies name change to 'Yakubu'

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Arsenal midfielder, Thomas Partey denied name change, saying he was only joking about changing his name to Yakubu.

The 28-year-old has dominated the local and international media after it was reported that he has changed his name after marrying his girlfriend.

Partey in the video said he changed his name to Yakubu following his recent marriage to Moroccan Sara Bella.

The midfielder in a post on social media said he was just joking and had reverted to being called Thomas.

"I have a girl I love, I know my side chicks will leave me but it's no problem," he joked in an Instagram video posted by Ghanaian journalist Nana Aba Anamoah.

"I grew up with Muslims so at the end of the day, it's the same thing. I'm already married and my Muslim name is Yakubu.”

However, in a post reacting to the reports yesterday, Partey posted: "Eei chale I was enjoying it but now am back to Thomas again ??".

Eei chale I was enjoying it but now am back to Thomas again ?? https://t.co/efNntBFNIF

— Thomas Teye Partey (@Thomaspartey22) June 9, 2022
The Ghana international reportedly converted to Islam in March before marrying Bella, who is a Muslim.

Partey was recently made a member of the traditional leaders of Odumase Krobo and given the name and title of Nene Sakite II and ‘Mahefalor’ respectively.

The former Atletico Madrid midfielder missed Ghana's game against Madagascar and the Central African Republic in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations [AFCON] qualifiers due to injury.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member