Black Stars must be given time to gel under Chris Hughton - ExCO Member Kwesi Appiah

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana Football Association (GFA) Executive Council member, Kwesi Appiah believes the Black Stars must be given time to gel under Chris Hughton.

The playing body of the senior national team has come under pressure following their uninspiring performance in the Otcober international friendly games.

As part of the team's preparations ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2026 World Cup qualifiers, Ghana faced Mexico and USA.

However, the Black Stars suffered a 2-0 defeat against the CONCACAF champions and a 4-0 defeat against the US Men's national team.

However, Appiah beleives the playing body must be given time to gel to come good.

"Black Stars need a bit of time to gel," the newly appointed Sudan head coach told Asempa FM as monitored by Footballghana.com.

"I was able to watch the games but most of the time, as a coach, my concentration is not on the results.

"As a coach, you will have to pick positives from the results and that also helps you to build a good team and also helps you in your decision-making in the progression of the team.

"Sometimes when you win, it has its negative effect as well so I will only say let's give ourselves the time to shape the team," he added.

Chris Hughton and his charges will face Madagascar and Comoros in the first two games of the World Cup qualifiers before the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Ivory Coast next year.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member