• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Ex-GFA boss Kwesi Nyantakyi apologizes to Akufo Addo over bribery claims in 'Number 12' exposé

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

[caption id="attachment_970933" align="alignnone" width="300"] Kwesi Nyantakyi[/caption]

Former President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kwesi Nyantakyi, has extended an apology to President Akufo-Addo for implicating him in the 'Number 12' exposé by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas.

Nyantakyi, speaking on Onua TV, expressed regret for his remarks during a meeting with purported Arabian investors, admitting that he exceeded the appropriate boundaries of discussion.

In 2018, Nyantakyi faced removal from his positions in FIFA and CAF following the release of Anas Aremeyaw Anas' investigative report.

"I acknowledge my mistake in mentioning the President and his vice in that context. I apologize, and I sincerely hope for their forgiveness," he stated.

The 'Number 12' expose uncovered pervasive corruption within Ghanaian football, featuring Nyantakyi in discussions with potential investors where matters beyond football were broached.

Notably, Nyantakyi advised the 'investors' to offer bribes to the President, his vice, and certain cabinet ministers to facilitate business dealings in Ghana.

Reflecting on his actions, Nyantakyi concedes that he overstepped boundaries and seeks reconciliation.

"During my encounter with Sheikh Al-Thani, I made inappropriate suggestions regarding bribing the President and his vice. I deeply regret those statements and hope for forgiveness from all, including the Ministers I referenced," he expressed.

Nyantakyi, now aspiring as a parliamentary candidate for the Ejisu seat under the New Patriotic Party, aims for redemption amidst his political ambitions.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member