GFA ExCO member Randy Abbey reacts to Asamoah Gyan's intention to make Black Stars squad for 2022 World Cup

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Executive Council member of the Ghana Football Association [GFA], Randy Abbey has reacted to Asamoah Gyan's intention to play at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Gyan, 37, who has been clubless for two years speaking to the BBC in an interview confirmed that he wants to play at the global showpiece later this year.

The former Liberty Professionals forward last played for the national team during the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations [AFCON] in Egypt, where the team exited at the Round of 16.

However, Mr. Abbey speaking on Good Morning Ghana on Metro TV reiterated that Gyan must secure a club to stay fit before he could probably earn a call up to the Black Stars.

“There’s one more week to the end of the transfer window in Ghana. He could sign for a Premier League club in Ghana and he has about two months to show [his prowess]. If he were to seek my advice, I will tell him to sign up for one of the premier teams. There’s still one more week to go for registration and use that period to prove that you can play,” he said.

“He plays a lot of tennis these days and it's good. For the Asamoah I know, it is his mind. If he is determined to make the shape, his knee is okay…he should be fine but it is up to him,” he added.

Gyan after leaving Ghana Premier League side, Legon Cities has been clubless.

Meanwhile, former Black Stars international Christian Atsu has asked that Asamoah Gyan’s wish be granted.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member