Ghana forward Bernard Tekpetey breaks silence after missing out on Black Stars squad for 2022 World Cup

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana international Bernard Tekpetey has broken his silence after missing out on the Black Stars squad for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

The Bulgaria-based striker did not make the cut for the biggest soccer mundial held in the Asian country despite his impressive form at Ludogorets.

In an interview with Kumasi-based Wontumi FM, the reigning foreign best player expressed he was not worried after being excluded from the Black Stars for the global showpiece.

“After missing out, I told my boys to give thanks to God because he does things at the right. God being so good the team is back from the World Cup and for now, what I can do is to work very hard and lift up my performance”

“We will do everything to the extent that if they will invite me, I am just ready to come and serve the nation” he said.

The 25-year-old has capped five times for the national team since making his debut back in 2017.

This season, he has featured 17 times in the Bulgarian top-flight, scoring 8 goals and providing 4 assists in the process.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member