Ghana winger Osman Bukari renders unqualified apology following disappointing AFCON 2023 campaign

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana winger Osman Bukari has rendered an unqualified apology to Ghanaians following the Black Stars disappointing performance at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Black Stars suffered an early AFCON setback after failing to seal qualification to the knockout stage of the continental showpiece.

Ghana has now failed to make it to the knockout stage of the continental showpiece for the second time running having last suffered early elimination in AFCON 2021 held in Cameroon.

The West Africa powerhouse drew two games at the Nations Cup, finishing in third place in Group B, behind Cape Verde and Egypt.

Bukari was heavily criticized after committing an error that led to Egypt’s equalizer in their second group game of the tournament.

However, the Red Star Belgrade attacker has taken to social media to apologize to Ghanaians whiles promising of an improved performance in subsequent tournaments.

"It has taken me quite a number of days to gather the words to address you, our dear fans, because of the embarrassment we brought on the nation & the fact that we let you down. Our inability to advance to the next stage has hit heavily on me, for I contributed a part in it."

"I would like to render an unqualified apology for the mistakes and assure you that we will come back better and stronger for the team and the country. I hope and ask that you forgive us. We live to fight another day. Thank y’all for the encouragement, love, and support!!"

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member