I lost focus when I was dropped from the Cameroon squad for the 2023 AFCON qualifiers, says Kotoko striker Franck Etouga

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Asante Kotoko striker, Franck Mbella Etouga has disclosed that he lost his focus after he was dropped from the Cameroon squad for the start of the 2023 TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament.

The prolific goal scorer is one of the strikers named in the Cameroon preliminary squad last month following his outstanding performance for the Reds in the Ghana Premier League.

Unfortunately, he did not make the final cut and was dropped from the squad for the first phase of the 2023 AFCON qualifiers.

Recounting that period in an interview with Opemsuo Radio, Franck Mbella Etouga says it affected him.

“When they first called me I was happy and proud because it was a sign that they’ve seen my hard-work but when my name was omitted, I lost focus but the Coach and the CEO helped me a lot by consoling me and telling me to believe in myself,” the adored Asante Kotoko striker said.

With his continuous impressive performance in the Ghana Premier League, many believe that it is only a matter of time before he is given another national team call-up.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member