"It's time to consider rebuilding a powerful team for Ghana" - Coach Michael Osei reacts after applying Ghana job

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghanaian gaffer, Michael Osei has confirmed applying for the Ghana coaching job after it became vacant last month. The Ghana Football Association since, they were not satisfied with the performance of Chris Hughton, especially at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Ivory Coast fired him.

The Black Stars failed to progress from Group B, which had Cape Verde, Egypt and Mozambique having managed just two points.

With the Coaching role vacant, Michael Osei who recently managed Ghanaian top-flight side Bibiani Goldstars SC have applied, hoping to be offered the position in the coming weeks. However, he's opined that, the current state of the national team should be tackled with a project, focusing on transition and rebuilding a powerful team.

In an interview with Akoma FM in Kumasi, the former Ghana International disclosed that if offered the job, will offer opportunity to local players and construct his team around the young players within the set-up as a foundation to a strong team for the four-time AFCON winners.

"Let's just put aside, winning the AFCON for now"

"Instead, consider transition and building a powerful team. When given the opportunity to head the team, I plan to construct my team around the young people on the team, as most countries do"

"Also, offer opportunities for local players and strive to keep them in the country so that we can develop more for our senior national team. For the time being, my focus is on developing strong basics rather than winning trophies".

He added that; "I am quite qualified and will be delighted if given the opportunity to lead the team"

Coach Michael Osei is CAF licence A and UEFA B licence holder.

He has vast experience coaching as Black Meteors assistant manager, Head coach of New Edubiase United FC, Star Madrid FC, Liberty Professionals FC and Asante Kotoko SC.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member