Japan poster boy Kubo wants more goals after scoring to condemn Ghana to a 4-1 defeat

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Japan poster boy, Takefusa Kubo was left delighted on Friday when he scored to help his national team to see off Ghana with a 4-1 win in their opening match of the Kirin Cup.

Speaking after the match, the Real Madrid asset said he was unsure of what to do in the run-up to slotting the ball in the back of the net.

According to him, he is elated his shot entered the net and he will be looking forward to scoring more goals for Japan.

"For some reason, I was often tempered in such situations, but this time I was calm and I had a feeling that it would spill. I thought I was in the moment.

"I was wondering what to do, but I couldn't afford it, and everyone was pleased, so I wonder if it's okay. First of all, I wanted to go to Mitoma who gave me a pass, so I'm satisfied,” Kubo said after the big win against Ghana’s Black Stars.

Courtesy of the victory, Japan has reached the final of the 2022 Kirin Cup where they will face Tunisia.

Meanwhile, defeated Ghana will play against Chile in the fight for a third-place finish.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member