• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Khalid Abdul Basit convinced me to join Sheriff Tiraspol - Patrick Kpozo

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

[caption id="attachment_930885" align="alignnone" width="612"] MARIBOR, SLOVENIA - JULY 20: Danijel Sturm of NK Maribor dribbles the ball past Patrick Kpozo of FC Sheriff Tiraspol during the UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round First Leg match between NK Maribor and FC Sheriff Tiraspol at Stadion Ljudski vrt on July 20, 2022 in Maribor, Slovenia. (Photo by Jurij Kodrun/Getty Images)[/caption]

Patrick Kpozo has stated that he joined Sheriff Tiraspol of Moldova after speaking with fellow countryman Basit Abdul Khalid.

The 25-year-old quit Ostersunds FK of Sweden in 2022 to join Sheriff Tiraspol. Kpozo claimed to have spoken with striker Khalid Abdul Basit before switching teams.

"I had a conversation with another player which is Basit[Abdul Khalid], the striker, and he spoke good about the club to me. And he also influenced me to come to Sheriff actually," he told GhanaWebs Sports Check.

Kpozo began his career in Ghana with Inter Allies before transferring to AIK Stockholm in Sweden. In the interim of his permanent transfer to Oestersunds FK, he spent time on loan at Tromsoe and IFK Lulea. Kpozo also competed for Ghana's U-20 team at the New Zealand 2015 FIFA World Cup.

On 9 March 2023, Kpozo received his first call-up to the Ghana senior national team by head coach Chris Hughton for two qualifiers for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations against Angola.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member