Playing at the 2010 AFCON was a defining moment for my career - Lee Addy

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Former Black Stars defender, Lee Addy, has revealed playing at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Angola and the 2010 World Cup were defining moments in his footballing career.

Addy's inclusion in the squad for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations proved transformative, featuring in four matches, including the final against Egypt, and from then on, he became a consistent presence in the national team.

The call-up for the 2010 FIFA World Cup further helped his case as a key member of the team.

“For a young and aspiring footballer, the opportunity to represent his country on a grand stage was a dream come true. The Angola 2010 AFCON was a defining moment for me. We embarked on an inspiring journey that saw us reach the final, where Ghana lost in the final to Egypt. Participation at the 2010 FIFA World Cup was another high point in my career, renowned for its prestige and worldwide attention,” he told Takoradi-based Goodnews FM.

“Although Ghana narrowly lost to Egypt, the tournament marked a turning point in my career, and the team’s trajectory, igniting hope for future successes. it showcased the emotions and dedication that go into the making of a footballer’s career,” he added.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member