Selfish play from my team cost us against Medeama - Nations FC coach Kassim Mingle

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Nations FC coach Kassim Mingle didn't hold back his words after a disappointing clash against Medeama.

Frustration was visible in his voice as he pointed to what he saw as selfish play from his team, a factor he believed ultimately led to their downfall.

The Yellow and Mauves inflicted a narrow win over Nations FC at the Akoon Community, courtesy of Kamaradin Mamudu’s decisive goal in the 62nd minute mark.

The talented right-back tapped in from close range to separate the two teams at the Akoon Community Park.

“We created a lot of scoring chances but I think my players were selfish. We had chances that were easy to score than to miss” he said.

“It’s a game that we didn’t deserve to lose. In the first half, we dominated and created all the chances and we wasted all the chances and in the second half it continued like that but against the round of play we conceded. We did whatever we could to secure points but it didn’t happen. I will congratulate Medeama,” he added.

The champions have jumped to 11th on the table with 7 points from five games with one outstanding game left to spare.

The defeat has left the Premier League new boys in the drop zone with five points from six matches.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member