• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Sheikh Tophic claps back at Stephen Appiah for suggesting sidelining of ex-footballers in administration

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Sheikh Tophic Abdul-Kadir Sienu, a member of the Ghana Football Association's National Division One board, has refuted former Black Stars captain Stephen Appiah's statement that ex-footballers have been sidelined in the Ghana Football administration.

In a Facebook post, Sheikh Tophic mentioned several former Black Stars players who have had appointments at the Ghana Football Association.

He named Samuel Osei Kuffour, Didi Dramani, George Boateng, Richard Olele Kingston, and others who are currently serving in different capacities within the national teams.

Sheikh Tophic also questioned whether ex-footballers make an effort to acquire professional knowledge after their careers. "We need professional knowledge to manage football.

"Tell me just one ex-footballer who has trained as a sports physician? Can you show me just one ex-footballer who is a professional physiotherapist? Do you know any ex-footballer who is a professional fitness trainer with professional fitness certificates?" he said.

Sheikh Tophic's comments came in response to Stephen Appiah's interview with Sompa Radio, where the former Black Stars captain claimed that football is run by footballers, and that former players are not given enough opportunities in football administration.

"It is not the grammar or English that you speak. It is about insights, that is why when I went to Italy, without speaking Italian I could understand the coach who was speaking Italian," Appiah said.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member