• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

There are people holding certificates in Ghana football but have failed in their positions - Augustine Arhinful

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Some individuals pursue certificates and other qualifications in order to increase their chances of securing employment in football.

However, according to Augustine Arhinful, a former Ghanaian international footballer, simply holding certificates is not enough to guarantee success in football management roles.

Arhinful has been vocal about his concerns regarding the competence of some individuals who hold certificates in Ghana football but have failed to perform effectively in their positions.

Arhinful was reacting to the former footballers need to better themselves academically comment made by Ghana Football Association ExCo member Nana Oduro Sarfo.

"Our biggest problem especially is the local league but what he (Stephen Appiah) said people have said that he was given a position and he declined it. Stephen never mentioned anything about national team he spoke generally about running of football. So the position itself will educate you so when you talk about education the position itself is education," he said on Peace FM as monitored by Footballghana.com

"Oliver Berhoff when he retired he was then given the job as a German team manager what capacity did he have but he has built himself based on the position he was given. Me I am a coach I have all the certificates that I can have I have played the game before maybe I don't want to go to a park and coach for now but as we speak nobody knows the capacity that I have built for myself,"

"The truth of the matter is there are a lot of people hold certificates but there is nothing to write home about. Their decisions they make...were we not in this country when an executive council member that is the head of the female juvenile national team sat there and Ghana was banned. Haven't you heard that FIFA has banned us the person heading that committee he is a member of the executive committee what is his background, his education what capacity has he built for himself that he could not detect that some of the girls were over age. He could not detect that why he could not detect that,"

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member