World Cup 2022: "The feeling now is a big disappointment but we look forward to what lies ahead" - Mohammed Kudus

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Black Stars midfielder Mohammed Kudus has reacted to Ghana's 2-0 defeat to Uruguay and the exit from the ongoing 2022 World Cup which is been held in Qatar.

According to Kudus, the squad is very disappointed in their inability to get the needed result to boost their chance of moving to the round of 16. He praised Andre Ayew's leadership quality despite the skipper missing a first-half penalty.

The Ajax midfielder also thanked Ghanaians for their prayers and support throughout the group games.

The 22-year-old at the Mundial scored twice against South Korea and was named man of the match after the game against the Asian giants.

"Very disappointing we stick together as a team and look at what lies ahead. There has been a lot of lessons in this tournament the feeling now is a big disappointment but we look forward to what lies ahead. Right now we lost as a team regardless of my performance disappointment is still there but we will reflect on my performance later after everything has settled down in my emotions," he told Joy Sports as monitored my footballghana.com

"Almost 90% of the guys this is our first World Cup and it is a big lesson for myself and a lot of the guys and I know this will make us tough and help our progress and lesson ahead. The easiest thing now is to blame one person which ever in the second half I also got chances I should have scored,"

"We all had chances to have a effect in the game Andre is a great leader and good captain after the penalty he stood up for the whole team like everyone did. The result went other way but we learn from it and be positive. What happened in the past we can't change it the focus was to get through to the group stage,"

"I want to thank the whole Ghanaians I know they very disappointed right now but I really want to thank them for their support since the start of the game even some flying all the way from Ghana to here it has been incredible. We want to thank them for their prayers and support and we will keep improving as humans and do better next time," he concluded.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member