Wisla Krakow striker Elvis Manu believes he will solve Black Stars goal-scoring problems when handed call-up

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Wisla Krakow striker Elvis Manu believes he will solve Black Stars goal-scoring problems when coach Otto Addo includes him in the squad ahead of 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar later this year.

The 28-year-old scored eight goals and provided three assists in 38 games for his side last season.

Manu has represented the Netherlands from the U-16 through to the U21 age group. However, on 24 June 2015, he switched his national allegiance to Ghana, whom he qualifies for through his Ghanaian heritage.

Speaking to Angel TV, the experienced attacker is confident he can solve Ghana's goal scoring problem.

"Yes, I think that the squad is good, I won’t say anything bad about the squad but in the last couple of years, what everybody says is that they lack goal scoring players and that is a team I think I am the player to bring it into the team when given the opportunity."

On his nationality switch, Manu added, "When I was young, I have always wanted to play for Holland because I was born there, I didn’t know anything but the decision to play for Ghana came after watching the 2010 World Cup. I think the 2010 World Cup changed my mind."

"At first, it wasn’t too much like people switching nationality, the first that I know was Quincy Owusu Abayie, so he was the one that gave me the eye opener to play for Ghana. I also think all African fell in love with Ghana especially how they played at the World Cup."

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member