You feel like you’re being rejected - Mjallby AIF midfielder Enoch Adu Kofi on Ghana snub

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Mjallby AIF midfielder Enoch Adu Kofi feels rejected after he was omitted from the Black Stars squad for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers and the 2022 Kirin Cup in Japan.

Adu Kofi has made only appearance for Ghana since making his international debut in a friendly game against South Africa on 11 October 2016.

The 31-year-old has been one of the consistent performers in Europe but has been consistently been overlooked.

"I feel very disappointed [being away from Black Stars] because winning the league over there, doing what we can do and then playing every game," he said

"As a player, you will feel disappointed. My wish is to help the nation and I am always willing. You feel like you’re being rejected. When you’re watching, you feel like you’re doing it better than someone."

Adu represented the Ghana national under-17 team at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup held in Korea Republic and played six matches in the tournament.

He won two league titles with Mamlo FF and one with AIK all in Sweden, a domestic triumph with Nordsjaelland in Denmark as well two domestic cups.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member