2023 Africa Cup of Nations: ‘I will never give up on Black Stars’ - Andre Ayew

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana skipper Andre Ayew says he is not going to give up on the Black Stars despite the embarrassment he and the team suffered at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

Many people have been intensifying calls for him to call it a quit on the national team he has been part of since 2007, but the 34-year-old is not heeding to these calls.

After releasing a video apology on Tuesday night, Ayew emphasised that he is not going to give up on the team.

“Everybody that knows me knows that I am never going to give up. Meaning we are never going to give up we are going to rise and shine again,” he said.

Ghana missed out on a place in the Round of 16 after finishing third in a group consisting of Cape Verde, Egypt and Mozambique.

The Black Stars lost 2-1 to Cape Verde before back to back 2-2 draws against Egypt and Mozambique confirmed Ghana’s elimination from the tournament.

The Black Stars, for the second successive tournament, exited at the group stages without registering a win, extending the country's wait for its fifth AFCON title to 42 years.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member