• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

'Anfield's atmosphere best experience in my career' - Michael Essien

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Chelsea legend Michael Essien has expressed his admiration for the stadium atmosphere at Anfield, home of Liverpool Football Club.

The former Ghana international revealed that of all the stadiums he played in throughout his career, Anfield stood out as his favorite.

In an interview with Goal Africa, Essien acknowledged that he had the privilege of playing in numerous renowned stadiums during his illustrious career.

However, he singled out Anfield as the venue with the most captivating and awe-inspiring atmosphere he experienced.

"Then again, I've played in a lot of stadiums. But I think Liverpool, Anfield is quite the atmosphere that is quite amazing," Essien stated.

The former Chelsea midfielder joined the London club from Lyon in 2005, and he remained with Chelsea until the 2013/2014 season when he made a move to Italian powerhouse AC Milan.

During his remarkable nine-year tenure with Chelsea, Essien achieved great success, winning a plethora of prestigious titles.

These accolades include the UEFA Champions League, FA Cup, Football League Cup, Community Shield, and the Premier League.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member