• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Coaching Ghana is a huge honor for me - Chris Hughton

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Chris Hughton, Black Stars head coach has described his appointment to manage the four time Afcon winners as an honor.

The former Tottenham Hotspur was officially named as coach in February a few weeks before Ghana's doubleheader against Angola.

In his official first game in charge, Ghana beat Angola 1-0 at the Baba Yara Stadium thanks to a late strike from Bournemouth forward Antoine Semenyo.

Chris Hughton's second game was the return leg in Luanda. Ghana fought hard to pick a point in the encounter against Angola. Joseph Paintsil assisted Osman Bukari's goal for Ghana.

"If you are a player that goes into coaching and management what you want to do is to be able to manage at the highest level. The highest levels are managing in your own country and at the international level," he told Supersport

"This particular time the country of my father's birth haven't spent time here and having been involved is a huge honor for me,"

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member