Dreams FC fired up ahead of Stade Malien test on Sunday

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana's Dreams FC are fired up for the tough encounter against Malian side Stade Malien in the quarter-finals of the CAF Confederation Cup this Sunday in Bamako.

The FA Cup holders are confident they can secure a positive result in this first leg before heading back to Ghana for the return fixture.

Dreams FC, in their debut continental campaign, aims to emulate the success of Hearts of Oak as the only Ghanaian club to clinch the Confederation Cup title.

Under the guidance of Coach Abdul Karim Zito, Dreams FC advanced to this stage as group winners, boasting four wins and two draws, while Stade Malien secured their spot by finishing second in Group D with three wins, a draw, and a loss.

Coach Zito and goalkeeper Solomon Agbasi are optimistic about their chances, emphasizing the team's determination and rigorous preparation for the upcoming match.

“We are doing well and we will continue to do our best to get to the top, and we need the support of all Ghanaians to rally behind us in order to deliver the expected result. We are very strong and training very hard, and mentally disciplined,” Agbasi gave the assurance.

“I used the Medeama game to prepare for Stade Malien in the Confederation Cup. Three of my players are with the under-20 national team so even with all this, I still got them playing to get what I wanted (a draw or a win),” the coach said confidently.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member