• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

George Afriyie tight lipped on contesting in next GFA Presidential elections

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

President of Susubiribi Sporting Club, George Afriyie has refused to confirm if he will contest for the Ghana Football Association [GFA] presidential elections.

The former FA Vice President contested the 2019 elections but lost to Mr Kurt Okraku.

With Mr Okraku's mandate ending in October this year, it is expected that several football administrators are expected to vie for the presidential race.

Quizzed if he will contest for the GFA Presidential elections later this year, Mr Afriyie refused to confirm if he will contest for the seat.

"As to whether I will contest or not, I cannot confirm but I know that our league is ongoing, the Black Queens are also preparing for their qualifiers and by June, the football season will end," the former Black Stars Management Committee chairman told Kumasi based Sompa FM.

"By October 2023, Kurt Okraku must hand over power to himself or to somebody and that is what is in our status.

"Definitely, there would be timelines for elections but as we speak, there is none and as to whether I am preparing or not, time will tell," he added.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member