Ghana football will experience radical change in 2025 - Former Sports Minister, Nii Lante Vanderpuye

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

[caption id="attachment_966359" align="alignnone" width="300"] Former Minister for Youth and Sports, Edwin Nii Lante Vanderpuye[/caption]

Former Youth and Sports Minister, Edwin Nii Lante Vanderpuye, has unveiled ambitious plans for a major overhaul of Ghana's sports landscape in 2025 under the National Democratic Congress (NDC) administration.

This commitment comes on the heels of the disappointing performance of the Black Stars at the 2023 African Cup of Nations (AFCON). The state of football in the West African nation has seen a decline during Kurt Okraku's tenure as the president of the Ghana Football Association (GFA).

Expressing his discontent with the current state of Ghanaian football, Nii Lante Vanderpuye criticized the government for what he perceives as a lack of determination to scrutinize those involved in the sport.

“I know this particular government will not have the willpower to undertake this serious and drastic decision with regard to our football," he told Citi Sports.

“In 2025, there will be a drastic change in our sports, we will change our football, we will change the way we run our football in Ghana.

"We will change how our leagues are run in the country, I am not bragging, but for the little discussions we’ve had, on the way forward for our sports, I believe our manifesto will have a clear cut as to how to go with Ghana football," he added.

In the midst of these developments, the Black Stars find themselves without a permanent head coach following the dismissal of Chris Hughton after Ghana's early exit from the 2023 AFCON in Ivory Coast.

The Ghana Football Association has taken steps to address this vacancy by forming a five-member search committee, led by Vice President Mark Addo, tasked with recommending a new coach to the Executive Council.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member