I am at only 60% of my capability - Ghana defender, Mohammed Salisu

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana defender, Mohammed Salisu has openly acknowledged that he is currently operating at only "60%" of his potential in football and believes he can deliver a higher level of performance.

The admission came during a pre-game press conference with AS Monaco's official media, leading up to their French Ligue 1 clash against Le Havre Athletic Club scheduled for Sunday, February 4.

Salisu rejoined his club teammates recently after representing Ghana at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Cote D’Ivoire, where the national team, the Black Stars, faced an early exit from the tournament.

Despite playing a key role in Monaco's 3-3 draw with Olympique Marseille in the previous round, Salisu feels he is still on the path to regaining his optimal form. T

he defender had been sidelined for four months due to a knee injury before returning to action.

Expressing his sentiments, Salisu stated, "It’s a pleasure to be here, and the integration has been easy. On a more personal level, I know I can play even better. I think I’m only at 60% of my capabilities. To reach my best level, I am training hard every day."

Salisu's performance at the AFCON in Cote D’Ivoire faced criticism, but he remains determined to improve.

With Monaco set to face Le Havre, Salisu is poised to compete against fellow Black Stars player Andre Dede Ayew, who is part of Le Havre's roster and recently scored twice in a match against Lorient to secure a draw.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member