I am ready to sacrifice to play at 2022 World Cup with Spain - Nico Williams

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

New Spain winger, Nico Williams has reiterated that he is ready to sacrifice to play at the 2022 World Cup with Spain.

The Athletic Bilbao forward has been handed a maiden call-up to the Spanish national team for their UEFA Nations League games against Portugal and Switzerland.

The promising forward expected to make his debut, the 21-year-old is already aiming at playing at the Mundial.

According to him, he is ready to sacrifice to ensure he features in the global showpiece in Qatar.

"I would give my life and more to go to the World Cup. I think I have to work hard for that moment to come. Whether it's now or later, I'm going to keep working to make it happen," Nico Williams told 'Marca'.

Luis Enrique's call caught the Athletic player on the wrong foot: "I'm a regular on the U21 list and I expected to be there, but Luis Enrique called me and I'm very grateful."

"Iñaki was a bit confused He didn't expect it either. He's very happy for me, very proud. He told me that I have to work, keep my feet on the ground, and little by little continue teaching my football," he argued.

Spain have been housed in Group E alongside Costa Rica, Germany, and Japan for the World Cup which kick off on November 20.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member