I contributed to Black Stars’ calamitous performance at AFCON 2023 – Osman Bukari

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana winger Osman Bukari says he contributed to the Black Stars calamitous performance at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Black Stars bowed out at group stage after failing to win any of their group games. The West Africa powerhouse drew two games and suffered a defeat, finishing in third place in Group B, behind Cape Verde and Egypt.

Ghana has now failed to make it to the knockout stage of the continental showpiece for the second time running having last suffered early elimination in AFCON 2021 held in Cameroon.

However, Bukari, who plies his trade for Red Star Belgrade in Serbia has finally apologized to Ghanaians and admits he contributed to the team’s poor showing at the tournament.

"It has taken me quite a number of days to gather the words to address you, our dear fans, because of the embarrassment we brought on the nation & the fact that we let you down. Our inability to advance to the next stage has hit heavily on me, for I contributed a part in it."

"I would like to render an unqualified apology for the mistakes and assure you that we will come back better and stronger for the team and the country. I hope and ask that you forgive us. We live to fight another day. Thank y’all for the encouragement, love, and support!!"

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member