• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

I hope peace will be restored in Sudan soon, says new national team head coach Kwesi Appiah

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

The newly-appointed head coach for the male senior national team of Sudan, coach James Kwesi Appiah is praying for peace to prevail in the country.

According to the former Black Stars gaffer, the ongoing war in the country that has forced the Sudan FA to operate from Saudi Arabia is a big challenge as he begins his work.

Speaking to the press, Coach Kwesi Appiah said he hopes order and peace will prevail for things to return to normal.

"The target I have been given is to build a team and ensure the team qualifies for the 2026 World Cup and the next edition of the Africa Cup of Nations.

"The only challenge is that there is no ongoing league due to the ongoing war which has forced them to operate from Saudi Arabia but I hope order and peace will be restored in the country," Coach Kwesi Appiah told Asempa FM as monitored by Footballghana.com.

Last week, the Sudan FA officially unveiled the Ghanaian tactician as the new head coach for the national team.

James Kwesi Appiah before his unveiling, signed a three-year contract.

He will be working with two other Ghanaian coaches; Ignatius Osei-Fosu as an assistant and Fatau Dauda as the goalkeeper’s trainer.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member