I want to change the bad perception about Africa – Patrice Evra

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Former Manchester United defender, Patrice Evra says he wants to help change the bad perception people have about the African continent.

The retired France international on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, had a meeting with the President of Ghana, H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.

During the meeting, he bemoaned how there is the perception that Africa is a continent of poverty.

He said through his platforms on social media, he will try to change that perception.

“My dream now is also to change the image of Africa. That’s why I have been to Senegal, Cameroon, Nigeria, and now Ghana,” Patrice Evra said.

He further disclosed that he hopes an African country will win the FIFA World Cup.

“My dream like I said is maybe one African team will one day will win the World Cup. It’s not my last time I’m going to be here. It’s such a beautiful country and thanks for having us,” the ex-Manchester United defender shared.

Evra is in Ghana for a three days visit as part of the build-up to the World Cup in Qatar by Chipper.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member