Kirin Cup: I admit Japan were stronger - Ghana coach Otto Addo on 4-1 defeat

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana coach Otto Addo has admitted Japan were the stronger side after suffering a 4-1 defeat on Friday morning in the Kirin Cup.

Goals from Miki Yamane, Kaoru Mitoma, Takefusa Kubo, and Daizen Maeda settled the encounter with Jordan Ayew grabbing the consolation goal.

After the game, Otto Addo admitted Japan were the stronger side even though the Black Stars wanted to win.

"A team that deserves to win. I admit that Japan was stronger."

"At the end of the first half, we also made a chance and scored a tie goal. However, it was unfortunate that we got a second goal just before the end. Even in the second half, we were fighting solid. However, after that, a third goal was scored and the momentum was lost. Japan was a very fast team with a good combination. "

" If we press and steal the ball, we can score. I thought. I think I was able to prove it after 20 minutes in the first half. Still, we couldn't cover the back space. We had a pocket stabbed. The final phase of one-on-one. I couldn't stop the other party, "he said.

The defeat means Ghana will have to compete for bronze with Chile. The South Americans earlier lost 2-0 to Tunisia in the first semi-final clash.

The match will be played on the same day as the final on Tuesday, June 14.

The final will be between Japan and Tunisia.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member