Lothar Matthäus and Accra Lions partnership gives me joy – Ghana FA boss Kurt Okraku

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Ghana Football Association President, Kurt Okraku is overly excited with Lothar Matthäus partnership with Accra Lions, saying will sell the country and indeed make people across the globe see the football talents the country has.

The former Bayern Munich and Inter Milan star was unveiled on Tuesday at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra to become shareholder of the Ghana Premier League side.

The ownership group now consists of Matthaus, Ghanaian football star Frank Acheampong, and renowned football agent Oliver Konig.

“This partnership gives me joy because the world will be talking about Ghana. They will be asking what is happening in Ghana after the World Cup”

“When I took office, I pledged to fix the fundamentals of our game and I am excited about this partnership” said Kurt Okraku.

Matthäus capped 150 times for Germany and won the Ballon D'or and FIFA World Player of the Year Award in 1990 while plying trade at Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan.

He played an instrumental role in West Germany's 1990 FIFA World Cup triumph.

The former Germany international is regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of all time, and was renowned for his perceptive passing, positional sense, well-timed tackling, as well as powerful shooting.

During his playing, the 62-year-old had stints with Bayern Munich, Inter Milan other top clubs.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member