Midfielder Kobbie Mainoo reacts after scoring first Manchester United goal in FA Cup win over Newport

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

English-Ghanaian midfielder Kobbie Mainoo has expressed his joy after scoring his first goal for Manchester United.

The 18-year-old scored the second goal for the Red Devils in their 4-2 win over Newport County in the FA Cup, helping the team secure a place in round five of the competition.

After the game, the fast-rising midfielder described scoring his first goal for Manchester United as a dream come true.

"It is a big point in my career. To score my first goal, I have been dreaming of this moment for a long time. So it has been amazing." He told MUTV.

"At this point in the season, every cup win is important because it is the next step to the final goal, which is winning a trophy."

When asked about the team's mindset when Newport drew level after being two goals down, Mainoo replied, "Back to basics. We have great players who can create goals at any time, so when we go 2-2, it is never really a panic. It's just getting back to the things we are good at. It's 0-0 again, so we can always score more."

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member