'You paid money to watch me' - Joe Addo fires back at Kurt Okraku for describing his comments as negative

• Thread starter Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -
  • Start date
L

Latest Football News, Live Scores, Results -

Former Ghanaian international, Joe Addo, has responded to the recent comments made by the President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kurt Okraku, regarding Addo's stance on former Black Stars coach Otto Addo.

Okraku had expressed discontent with Joe Addo's call for a definitive decision on Otto Addo's role ahead of the 2022 World Cup, characterizing Addo's assertions as negative.

During an interview with Dan Kwaku Yeboah TV, Addo acknowledged the current tenure of Kurt Okraku as FA President, reflecting on a time when Okraku paid to watch him play for Hearts of Oak.

He emphasized that he harbored no ill feelings towards Okraku and affirmed that he had no intention of engaging in a confrontational exchange.

“It is time and now it is his time as FA President. For us during our time, he used to pay money to watch us play. I don’t hold any grudges for anything. I’m a senior than him and I won’t have a back and forth confrontation with him. There is something on my mind which will be useful to the development of our game and I spilled it out. If maybe I did not say it right, there is a way to respond to it. I don’t disrespect him in anyway”, he told Dan Kwaku Yeboah.

“But for him to go that far and even mention my name in the presence of my colleagues wasn’t the best to have done from him. I have a child who has completed University and this is not the time for me to go to the gutters to exchange words. I know Kurt very well and he expected me to call him but it was a TV program and honestly, I said what was right, and not to condemn Otto Addo”, he added.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member